Thursday 11 December 2008


The aim of the creating a walking church developed from the difficulties of taking children to church on a Sunday morning, and from the need to be with God in the places that we naturally find ourselves. As I enjoy walking (short walks of course) and live in such an amazing place, I decided to see if others would also like to see if church can be a reality in such a different environment. I found a few others who are in similar work and family positions to myself – and we have now had quite a few walks together – some with children aged 2 to 11 years, and sometimes only with the few adults that are taking this journey with me.

One of the challenges for me is maintaining the blog – having never ‘blogged’ before, and keeping journals only for personal use – it is a new way of being for me - and as you can tell, I have not kept the blogs upto date – so I am catching up from my personal diary of our journey so far.

We wanted to make a church that does not have the structures of the inherited church – being church by doing what we love, meeting others through our walks, spending quality time together rather than an hour or so each Sunday morning, exploring the Bible and praying together. We have a long way to go….

No comments: