Wednesday 11 February 2009

Confusion and pain


I love the concept of the walking church - I love the journey it has taken me on - I am able to be with God on our walks in a way I never (or rarely) engage with God in church services - but where is it leading? Am I on a lifeboat rowing away from the Titanic in order to survive and continue my journey of faith with God - or will the ropes between the boat I am on and the Titanic remain in-tact - and even become stronger with a richness developing between the inherited church and the emerging church. There is pain in the journey - a move away from inherited church in order to continue my discipleship with Christ. It is a pain I have heard in the voices of others, only recognised after a long period of struggle where no one seems to understand....

No comments: